Maui Weddings: immediately you start dreaming of white sandy beaches, tropical sunsets, water lapping at your feet – well why not turn your dream into a reality.
Some Basic Facts:
The idea of a Maui Wedding is to have everything done for you, to be pampered and enjoy the complete Hawaii experience. DIY goes out the window! All you have to think about is whether you would like to have an aray of butterflies released once you have made your marriage vows, or some white doves to bring you added luck!
– Maui is located north of Hawaii, (approximately 159 degrees West and 21 degrees North) in the Pacific Ocean
– the Hawaiian Island group includes Maui (Wailuku), Hawaii (Hilo), Kahoolawe , Lanai (Lanai City), Molokai (Kalaupapa), Oahu (Honolulu), Kauai (Lihue), Niihau (Nonopapa) and Kaula
– lauguage spoken – English
– currency – US dollar
– there are still active volcanoes in the Hawaiian Islands
– there are no fees for beach weddings as the beaches are public areas
– there are churches of all different denominations/faiths, costing approximately $175.00US
– if planning on a sunset wedding, check the sunset times, June is around 7pm – 7.15pm, whilst December is around 5.45pm – 6 pm
– there are hundreds of websites advertising wedding packages and wedding planners. Ensure you thoroughly search your final choice. Do not part with any money, even for a deposit, until you have verified the legitimacy of the company you are choosing.
– make sure you have read my sections on “All Inclusive Destination Weddings and Honeymoons”, “DIY Destination Weddings”, and “Wedding Venues”
Popular Maui Spots:
Some of the more popular locations include
– South Beach Park, South Maui
– Ahihi Bay, South Maui, with black lava rock flowing through the white sand
– Aina Aloha, with dramatic waterfall and grassy areas
– Maluka Beach and Park, South Maui
– Wailea Beach and Makena Lawn, an oceanfront grassy expanse, South Maui
– Kapalua Bay Beach, world renown, West Maui
– Aston Kaanapali Shores, West Maui
– Wailuku, Central Maui, tropical gardens, parks and gazebos
– Kepaniwai Park, Central Maui
Web Sites Which I Have Looked At:
– www.alohamauiweddings.com, they advertise wedding planners
– www.mauiforever.com/form.html, complete their form for a free Hawaii wedding guide and it will then take you to its website
– www.papadisemaui.com/wedding/, for details of beach locations and beach wedding packages
– www.maui.net/~romance/, founder of the Hawaii Wedding Professionals Association
– www.firstclassweddings.com/, Maui wedding planner
– www.mauiwedding.com/, a guide to getting married in Maui, they have collected various professional portfolios for your consideration
As I mentioned, there are literally hundreds of web sites to look at. Start narrowing down your choice of location and wedding planner by speaking to your local travel agent. Ask them to look at your venues availability, accessibility, the seasons and costs. Ask how frequently they have used the particular location and whether they can put you in touch with any couple who can give you a reference.
I hope you have a fantastic dream wedding. Bon Voyage!