Want the best father daughter wedding songs to dance with your dad at your wedding? Choosing the right music for your wedding is important. Right from the start when you walk down the aisle, up to the reception, your song choice will have a great impact on your celebration. Check out our top father daughter wedding songs…
One piece of advice I usually give to brides who are looking for the best father daughter songs is to choose titles that have meaning to them but at the same time select those that are not too overused. It doesn’t matter if it’s fast or slow – as long as it’s meaningful and well prepared.
With so many good titles to choose from, it could be a hard task to pick your top 10 father daughter wedding songs – but if you or your father is a lover of music, you can actually find something that can both honor your father as well as entertain your wedding guests. Especially if you don’t want to go for sappy songs, or if you want to have a fun dance with your Dad.
Popular Father Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
One of the all time popular father daughter dance songs is “I Loved Her First” by Heartland, which is a personal heart-warming favorite. Sarah McLaughlin’s “In the arms of an Angel” is also another good choice. A couple of other recommendations are “Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle and “My Girl” by The Temptations.
For popular Irish father daughter wedding songs, anything by U2 would go down well, or even Enya if you are considering some unique father daughter dances. Having an Irish themed wedding? We got some Irish wedding music samples you should check out.
Classic Rock and Country Father Daughter Wedding Songs
If you like rockin’ beats, there are some great classic rock father daughter dance songs that you could choose – anything by Guns’N Roses, Aerosmith or U2 would be a perfect. Other equally good songs that you can consider are ”Daughters” by John Mayer and “Father and Daughter” by Paul Simon which can be a good fit for those who are more on the sentimental side. Of course, there are also a number of country songs as well as upbeat ‘barn songs’ that can make your dance more entertaining and lively.
Fun Father Daughter Dance Songs
One bride danced a medley with her father on her wedding day and they pulled it off quite successfully. You can dance to popular music, swing and ballroom, and even modern dance. Of course, you can cut the traditional slow father daughter dance and choose something entertaining and that can be a plus factor in making your wedding memorable not only for you but for your guests as well.
Choosing Modern Father Daughter Songs For Weddings
These days, with modern father and daughter wedding songs, you don’t just have to stick to dancing waltz with Dad. In fact, there are many You-Tube wedding songs you can search for – you can find a lot of father-daughter dances that are not the typical slow waltz. Some people have even made choreographed dances and are choosing songs and music that are not typical wedding music for fathers and daughters to dance to.
Father Daughter Wedding Songs Classic Rock
- You’re My Best Friend (Queen)
- Thank You (led Zepellin)
- Brown eyed girl (Van Morisson)
- Thank You for Loving Me (Bon Jovi)
- Here for you (Neil Young)
- Stand by me (John Lennon)
- Father’s Eyes (Eric Clapton)
- Forever Young (Bob Dylan)
- Little Miss Magic (Jimmy Buffet)
- I’ll Stand by You (The Pretenders)
Father Daughter Country Wedding Songs
- I Loved Her First (Heartland)
- Thanks Again (Ricky Skaggs)
- There You’ll Be (Faith Hill)
- Ready, Set, Don’t Go (Billy Cyrus)
- I Hope You Dance (Lee Ann Womack)
- My Wish (Rascal Flatts)
- Daddy’s Little Girl (Kippi Brannon)
- Through The Years (Kenny Rogers)
- My Little Girl (Tim McGraw)
- A Song For My Daughter (Ray Allaire)
Father Daughter Wedding Songs Oldies
- Dance With My Father (L.Vandross)
- I Will Always Love You (W.Houston)
- Unforgetable (Nat Cole)
- What A Wonderful World (L.Armstrong)
- Hero (Mariah Carey)
- My Girl (Temptations)
- The Way You Look Tonight (F.Sinatra)
- Tiny Dancer (Elton John)
- You’ve Got A Friend (Jimmy Buffet)
- Wild World (Cat Stevens)
Unique Father Daughter Wedding Songs
- Locomotion (Kylie Minogue)
- Daddy (Beyonce)
- Another One Bites the Dust (Queen)
- Forever Young (Bob Dylan)
- My Hero (Foo Fighters)
- Wide Open Spaces (Dixie Chicks)
- All You Need Is Love (Beatles)
- The Daddy Daughter Dance (unknown)
- Pretty Woman (Roy Orbison)
- Hey, Good Lookin (Hank Williams)
Unique Father Daughter Dance Songs
If you are looking for a unique wedding dance with your father, then I suggest you go for a remix. You can also make a mix of songs just for your dance.
Maybe some favorites both you and your dad enjoy? For one of the weddings I helped out with, the bride wanted to showcase different dancing styles with her father so she did a medley comprising some waltz, swing and modern dance. The bride requested a mix of songs for her father-daughter dance which she actually got from a YouTube video about the evolution of dance and she made a remix of old songs, ballroom dances, modern dance and even some Michael Jackson moves with some robotic dancing. It was heartwarming to watch father and daughter dance together.
Indeed, a creative dance like this, as long as your father is willing to do the dance, can be a fun number that could even highlight your wedding reception. Of course, original father daughter wedding dances like this also need practice and you have to consider that. You don’t want dad collapsing on the dance floor!
These can also be considered best father daughter first dance songs, too. Now without further delay, let’s take a look at our top 10 father and daughter dance songs…
Top 10 Songs to Dance with Your Dad at Your Wedding
10. Sweet Child of Mine (Guns N’ Roses)
9. My Girl (The Temptations)
8. Butterfly Kisses (Bob Carlisle)
7. In the arms of an Angel (Sarah McLaughlin)
6. I Loved Her First (Heartland)
5. My Father’s Eyes (Eric Clapton)
4. Father and Daughter (Paul Simon)
3. Cinderella (Steven Curtis Chapman)
2. Daddy’s Little Girl (Al Martino) or (Michael Buble)
1. Through the Years (Kenny Rogers)
So that’s our best “daddy daughter dance songs” top 10, what do you think? John Mayer’s “Daughters” deserves a mention, so does Aerosmith’s “Don’t want to Miss a Thing” – both are great tunes if you want to share a special song with dad.
Whether you are planning a classic remix or a modern dance, classic rock, or country – the important thing is to have fun and enjoy it. Don’t make it something too serious or it might end up being awkward. Don’t make it too long either.
Looking for music for your wedding? Check out our favorite walk down the aisle wedding songs and music for great ideas.
What kind of music would you dance to with your dad? Got a favorite father daughter song? Let us know, tweet, comment…