Having a wedding in the morning? The ceremony might end too early for a lunch reception, thus you may be looking at having a wedding brunch reception. Read on for some simple wedding brunch menu ideas for weddings in the morning. We’ve got some essential advice..
Having brunch for your wedding reception is indeed one of the better things that you can offer – who doesn’t like brunch? plus, planning a wedding brunch menu can be a real cost saver, especially if you have a lot of guests. If some of your guests are vegetarian or have other special dietary needs then you can offer a selection on your wedding brunch invitation wording.
Here are some simple wedding reception brunch menu ideas that you might find useful when planning a wedding brunch. Keep in mind that you don’t have to serve all of them. These are just some brunch ideas for your wedding reception – you can pick a few that you like to form your brunch wedding menu for your big day. Have fun!
Food for Brunch Wedding Receptions
- Assorted breads and pastries – Croissants, bagels, muffins and other pastries for breakfast. Please don’t forget the butter!
- Eggs – sunny side up, scrambled, omelets
- Scones – plain or cheese
- Belgium waffles – with maple syrup, honey or chocolate
- Fresh fruits or mixed fruits
- Seasonal vegetables
- Potato dishes – potato pancake, French fries, etc
- Baked chicken
- Roast beef
- 2 or 3 varieties of quiche
- Juices such as watermelon
- Cocktails – mimosas and Silverados can be served for your cocktail as well
- Smoked or poached salmon
- Boneless beef short ribs
- Cheese – a few different varieties is good
- Veggie sandwiches
- Vegetable tarts
- Fruit yoghurt
- Grilled veggies
- Grilled chicken salad wraps
- Chinese dumplings – yes, you can also go Asian with your post wedding brunch menus.
- Watermelon Lemonade
- Iced tea with lemon
- Beef sate
- Sesame chicken
- Ham and cold meat
If there is an extended waiting time when guests arrive and when food is served then you can offer Hors d’Oeuvres as part of your wedding brunch menu. Of course, this may add more to your budget because it takes more time to prepare a mix and a variety of food.
For your beverage station, you can add in champagne, juices, wine, beer, coffee or tea. For sweets, why not have your cake as dessert? Check out some great wedding cake ideas for small weddings – ideal for a wedding brunch.
Wedding Brunch Recipes You Can Use
Tasty ideas for a brunch wedding reception – We have selected our top dishes for your brunch menu. Your guests will just love these easy to prepare recipes..