Once you’ve decided on a beach wedding – the world truly can be your oyster! There are many wonderful beach wedding destinations in all corners of the globe and as many ‘best places’ lists as there are counties in the world. Here is our list of the very best locales on the planet:
Hawaiian Beach Wedding
1. Maui, Hawaii – There are dozens of gorgeous beaches on each of the islands of the Hawaiian chain – but arguably, Kapalua Bay Beach, Maui, is one of the most breathtaking! This beach is situated between two lava points, shaping the shore into a near-perfect crescent. The beach is also renowned for its tranquil surf, making it an ideal backdrop for your perfect day. The best time of day for a wedding is near sunset when crowds of sunbathers will be gone for the day and the setting sun will give your ceremony a glorious golden glow.
California Beach Wedding
2. Coronado California – situated on an island near San Diego accessible by a stunning curved bridge, this ultimate California beach wedding destination this beach has the added attraction of the magnificent Hotel Del Coronado as its backdrop (think “Some Like It Hot” but in glorious real life Technicolor!) The sunsets here are breathtaking, and the Hotel Del is a perfect place for your honeymoon after the ceremony!
Florida Beach Wedding
3. Jekyll Island, Georgia boasts one of the most beautiful unspoiled beaches in the U.S. Unlike some beach wedding destinations, the climate at Jekyll Island – one of Georgia’s barrier islands – the weather is mild and pleasant all year around. The beaches here are famous for the natural occurrence of beautiful seashells, as well as their unique and ever changing character– unspoiled by encroaching development. A perfect destination to evoke Southern charm!
Nantucket Beach Wedding
4. Nantucket Massachusetts – With fifty miles of shoreline to choose from Nantucket can easily be your ideal beach wedding destination as well as a perfect place for your honeymoon. Located 30 miles off the coast of Cape Cod, the area is rich in history but also boasts an array of great restaurants, fun bars and quaint shops as well as an excellent luxury spa and resort, the Waiwinet.
Like the idea of getting away but want to do it on a budget? Check out our inexpensive destination wedding locations.
Fort Myers Beach Wedding
5. Fort Myers. Florida offers an entire state full of beautiful, sunny coastline to choose from — and one of the most popular and scenic beach wedding destinations is Fort Meyers. The beaches here are rated some of the safest on earth with their shallow waters and lack of undertow, and are wide and unspoiled. The surrounding area is unique with beautiful architecture and a variety of quality accommodations. Sailing, kayaking, swimming are just a few of the post ceremony honeymoon activities that the area offers and the city itself has museums, art galleries, historic attractions and a great nightlife.
Looking for more? Check out the best top ten honeymoon destinations in the world
Costa Rica Beach Wedding
6. Costa Rica has, in recent years become the “go-to” destination for not only just because of its beautiful beach locales but its affordability. For less than the price of renting a wedding venue in the US, the Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa in Guanacaste can design the wedding of your dreams. The resort has on-site, fully certified wedding planners who can aid you in every detail, from a customized menu to legal requirements, travel arrangements – even your wedding cake and photography. The resort is located right on the most beautiful beach that Costa Rica has to offer, and is one stop shopping for both ceremony and honeymoon. The resort is surrounded by lush rainforest giving it a sense of privacy and isolation, but is still near enough to the city to offer a variety of non resort nightlife options as well.
Tahiti Beach Wedding
7. Tahiti. French Polynesia – Long famed as an exotic vacation locale, the beauty of Tahiti makes it a no-brainer choice as a perfect beach wedding destination; with six islands in the chain to choose from there no lack of palm shaded sandy coves on which to exchange your vows. One of the greatest options available here (though not legally binding-so think of it as an add-on to your legal ceremony) is the chance to have your union solemnized in a traditional Tahitian wedding ceremony. A local priest offers a wedding blessing as you and your lover exchange leis and at the end you are both enfolded in the tifaifai – a handmade Tahitian quilt! Pure magic!
Sardinia Wedding on The Beach
8. Sardinia Italy – Is there any place more romantic on earth than Italy? Generations of poets and artists will tell you no! The Island of Sardinia is located just south of Corsica in the gorgeous Mediterranean Sea and offers dozens of pristine beaches all along its coast including the breathtaking beach at Costa Verde. Scenic and historic wonders abound – Roman Ruins at Nora, museums in the capital of Cagliari—and Rome itself is only an hour away by air. Bellisima!
Puerto Vallarta Beach Wedding
9. Puerto Vallarta Mexico – Located on the beautiful Pacific Coast of Mexico, Puerto Vallarta has been a prime beach wedding destination for decades. The city itself abounds in Old World charm, its beaches are breathtaking. There are many hotels, spas and villas that specialize not just in unique, private beach locales but offer full accommodations before and after the ceremony to suit every taste and budget.
A Beach Wedding in The Bahamas
10. The Out Islands, Bahamas – Located in the beautiful Caribbean, the Out Islands of the Bahamas offer a tropical island wedding experience amongst palm trees, white and pink sand beaches, hibiscus and bougainvillea flowers. The weather is always beautiful and the Out Islands offer the most privacy and connection to nature available—including quite a few beaches that have never been named! Hotels and resorts abound here—most facing on wide, expansive beaches that could be your perfect beach wedding destination.
For great beach music, Check out our top 10 Jamaican wedding songs and reggae music for your beach wedding.
Any one of these beautiful beaches can offer you the memories of a lifetime in a picture postcard setting! An outdoor beach party is a great place for guests to enjoy themselves and have a good time. You could combine your beach wedding with a beach honeymoon. Need more ideas? Then take a look at our great ideas for planning a wedding ceremony.
Got a favorite top spot you don’t see here? Comment, tweet – Let us know!.